Friday 5 September 2014

Thank You Notes


Here are some thank you tags that I made for some very special people! :)

I started with just one piece of Pumpkin Double Dot Cardstock and cut it into 8 pieces (6"x3"),and from the Echo Park Summer Bliss 6x6 Paper Pad, I cut 4 of the 6x6 patterned papers to 5 3/4"x2 3/4", getting 2 of this size from each 6x6 paper.

I then cut some plain white cardstock into (8) 1 1/2"x3" and one more 6x6 patterned paper to make (8) 1 1/4"x3".
I layered the small pattered paper pieces over the white cardstock and lined up the 3" edges.
Then I cut (8) 3/4"x2 1/2" pieces from white cardstock for the "Many Thanks" banners.


Then using a glue dot (zots) to hold my first knot for my "bow", I wrapped a length of ribbon (ribbon from my stash) around my fingers a few times to create a "layered" bow.


I put the ribbon layers over top of my first knot and used the knot tails to tie around the ribbon layers to hold them. (you can always use another glue dot to hold that knot so it is less likely to undo)


And here you have a "layered' bow!


Now, I really like layers on my projects so I used foam squares on the main patterned paper to pop it up, in addition to the smaller layer.


I then layered the main patterned paper onto the orange cardstock, and the smaller mat on top of that, just under the bow.


I took the sentiment from the Bloom Beautifully Stamp set (coming soon), and stamped it onto the white cardstock (3/4"x2 1/2"), leaving some space on either end to add a decorative brad and banner end.


An easy way to make a banner end, is to cut down the center of the paper where you want the cutout, and then cut from each corner to the center of the banner.


I then pierced a hole for the brad in the center between the left side of the banner and where the sentiments begins, inserted the brad and bent back it's prongs.


And then again using foam squares for dimension, I adhered the banner to the small mat on the front of the tag.


So there you have it! With a small amount of supplies, I was able to make 8 Thank You Tags for some very special people! ;)
Hope you like the tags and hope they bring you inspiration!!!

Products used:
http://www.prairiepaperhaven.com/products/bobunny-double-dot-double-sided-textured-cardstock-12x12-pumpkin

http://www.prairiepaperhaven.com/products/summer-bliss-cardstock-pad-6-x6-24-sheets

http://www.prairiepaperhaven.com/products/summer-bliss-decorative-brads

http://www.prairiepaperhaven.com/products/3d-foam-squares-white-variety

No comments:

Post a Comment